Wild bird food recipe
This recipe can also be used in the summer as it uses lard rather than suet.
- 500 grams of lard
- 100 grams of crunchy peanut butter
- ¾ cup to 1 cup of raisins
- ¾ cup to 1 cup sunflower seeds or mixed birdseed
- 6 cups cornmeal
- 5 cups of all purpose flour
How to make it!
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the lard.
- Once melted, add in the peanut butter and stir until melted.
- Take off the stove and stir in the rest of the ingredients. Put in a 9 X 13 pan, let it harden and then cut into squares to fit into a wire suet feeder.
- Can be individually wrapped and kept in the freezer until ready to use.