A tasty cake treat for garden birds to eat!
What you will need:
- 2 cups of self-rising corn meal mix
- 1 egg (preferably natural vegetarian fed hen eggs)
- 1/4 cup of shortening or canola oil
- 1/2 to 2/3 f a cup milk
- 1 packet of flaxseed
- 1/2 cup of sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup of molasses (preferably use only pure homemade cane molasses, Dutch Kettle brand, which uses no chemical processing)
How to make it!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Use a 12 cup muffin tin.
- Mix corn meal, flaxseed, and sesame seeds, add egg, shortening or oil and molasses, then slowly add milk until the batter is of a thick consistency.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake until golden brown.
- Remove from muffin tin while warm, let cool completely on rack.
- Now crumble muffins and spread outside for birds to nibble on.