Blue Bird Mix from Virginia
A tasty meal for garden birds all year round.
What you will need:
- 1 cup of crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup of lard
- 2 cups of quick oats
- 2 cups of cornmeal
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- A cup of Berries or currants (optional.)
How to make it!
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Melt the peanut butter and lard together, and mix with the dry ingredients.
- Press down in the pan.
- Leave to cool, then cut in to squares and place on your bird feeder.
- Freeze the remainder. This is a meal your garden birds will enjoy all year round.