A tasty nut mix for garden birds.
What you will need:
- 2 cups crunchy peanut butter
- 4 cups quick cook oats
- 4 cups cornmeal
- 2 cups lard
- 2 cups white or whole-wheat flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Optional: chopped nuts, raisins, dried fruit, up to 2 cups.
How to make it!
- Melt lard and peanut butter in a microwave.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Form into softball-sized balls.
- Store in the freezer until ready to use, then microwave for 15-30 seconds, and break the mix in to crumble.
- Now place on a dish or on a platform feeder.
- This mixture will make about sixteen softball-sized balls.