Frozen Mealworm Cakes
A simple and quick to make bird treat!
What you will need:
- 1 cup of lard
- 2½ cups of crunchy peanut butter
- ½ a cup of crushed egg shells
- ½ a cup of sunflower seeds
- ½ a cup of peanuts
- 6 cups of corn meal
- 5 cups flour
How to make it!
- Melt the lard and peanut butter in microwave for 1-1½ minutes on high.
- Stir in the egg shells, sunflower seeds and peanuts
- Mix together the cornmeal and flour and add the lard mixture by the cupful. The mixture will become stiff.
- Place the ingredients in containers or whatever you wish.
- Store in refrigerator or freezer until needed.
- Remove from the freezer.
- Shape the mixture in to small balls and place outside for your garden birds to eat!