Alabama Bird Food Mix
A great meal for all garden visitors!
- 1 cup of crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup of lard (not shortening)
- 2 cups of quick cook oats (not regular)
- 1 cup of white flour (not self-rising)
- 2 cups of cornmeal (not self-rising)
- 1/3 of a cup of white sugar
How to make it!
- Melt the lard and peanut butter in a microwave.
- Mix the remaining dry ingredients together and stir into a lard and peanut butter mixture.
- Pour into square freezer containers.
- Later cut slices about 2.5 to 3 cms thick to fit in a suet container.
- Put the slices out each morning on the feeder for your garden birds to eat.