Grains, Pasta and Veggie Mix
- 1 cup of several different grains.
- 1 cup of cooked pasta
- 1 cup of brown rice - cook with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- 1-2 chopped onions - boil a couple of minutes - drain
- Add several of the following:
- broccoli - steamed lightly and chopped
- frozen sweet peas
- sweet corn - don't thaw
- toasted sunflower kernels
- chopped nuts
- dried cranberries, blueberries and cherries
- mango, papaya or other dried fruits chopped
How to make it!
- Cook the grains separately.
- Chop and boil the onions for a couple of minutes.
- Leave all the cooked ingredients to cool.
- Place the food in small food bags.
- Cooked food will last in the fridge for about 3 days. Freeze the rest.
- Put the food out on your bird table or lawn each day. Record which small and large birds visit each day to eat it.