Cookie Birdy Cookie Moulds
What you will need!
Cheap and simple to make winter bird treats.
- 1 to 1/2 pounds of lard or suet
- 1/3 of a cup chopped berries, raisins or currants
- 1/2 cups of hulled sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cups of crushed nuts
- 1/2 cups of cracked hominy or cracked wheat
How to make it!
- Melt the fat or suet on low heat in saucepan.
- Mix all ingredients into the suet. Spoon the mixture into shaped muffin tins or pre-shaped jelly moulds and cool in the refrigerator until solid.
- Note: To create a hole for hanging the treat, insert a drinking straw into the warm mixture. Remove the straw once the mix is solid and cooled, thread with wire or thick string and hang.
- When cookie moulds are cooled, wrap each individually in plastic wrap and store in the freezer until needed.