An easy to make recipe to feed your birds all year round.
What you will need:
- 2 cups of cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ cup of fat (meaning drippings or lard)
- 3 cups of water
How to make it!
- Want to make more? Please note the ingredients for this recipe can be doubled or halved.
- Mix all the ingredients together and bake in a deep pan at 375ºF for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Reduce the heat if the bread looks as if it is forming a hard crust.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Place the ingredients outside on your bird table or feeder.
- Left over cornbread can be kept in the fridge for several days or placed in a freezer.