Tasty Bird Bread
What you will need!
Cheap and simple to make winter bird treats.
- 2 of cups melted peanut butter or 2 cups bacon grease or 2 cups other fat.
- 2 cups of cornmeal or 2 cups stale dry cereal, blended into crumbs.
- Warm water.
- 2 to 3 cups wild bird seed.
- Raisins or nutmeats or chopped peanuts.
How to make!
- Slowly melt peanut butter, grease or fat over low heat.
- Add cornmeal or stale cereal crumbs.
- Slowly add enough warm water to make a stiff dough.
- Add birdseed and raisins, nut meats or chopped peanuts.
- Pack mixture into small foil pans or a large flat pan.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Cut into pieces for tying onto tree branches.