Fat Cake for Birds
What you will need!
- Lard or suet bowl
- String or twine
- Old yoghurt pots
- Any of the following:
- Wild bird seed
- Bread or Cake crumbs
- Grated cheese
How to make!
- The best ratio for this recipe is one part fat to two parts dry mixture. Mix all your dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Melt some lard or suet in a pan and add the dry mix. Stir well until the fat has all been absorbed and the mixture sticks together.
- Make a hole in the bottom of a yoghurt pot and thread through a length of twine or string, then pack the pot with your warm fat mixture.
- Place in the fridge overnight to set, then cut through and peel away the pot. Tie a big knot at one end of the twine to secure the cake.
- Hang the cake in a tree or shrub and wait for the birds to come and feast.