Happy Bird Day Cake Recipe
A special winter treat for garden birds.
1 cup of oatmeal
- ¼ cup of cornmeal
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of thistle seed
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower chips
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of milk or water
- 2 tablespoons of melted suet
- ½ cup of raisins
How to make it!
- Pre-heat oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Line a baking tin with paper liners.
- Combine the coarsely ground oatmeal, cornmeal, baking powder, seeds and sunflower chips in a medium bowl. Make a small well (hole) in the centre of the bowl.
- Whip the egg in a separate bowl. Add the warmed milk or water, melted suet and then the raisins.
- Pour the egg mixture in to the well (centre hole) of the oatmeal mixture. Stir until ingredients are combined, but do not overmix.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and leave to cool. Cover the top with peanut butter and decorate with seeds, nuts and dried mealworms.