Apple Bird Seed Feeders
These homemade bird feeders make a great autumn and winter craft project for kids and adults.
- 2 cups of Bird seed
- 2/3 cup of Water
- 2 Packets of Unflavoured Gelatine
- 4 Apples
- 8 small screws
How to make it!
- Bring Water to a boil, add gelatine, and stir until completely dissolved.
- Mix the birdseed into this mixture.
- Cut the apples in half lengthwise and hollow out the insides with a spoon or knife.
- Fill each apple with bird seed mixture, set on a sheet pan, and put in the fridge for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- Poke a screw into the top of each apple and tie a piece of twine to it.
- Hang outside for all the birds to enjoy!