The bird lollipop is an easy to make nutritious meal that will attract common birds to your garden and bird feeder!
- Lollipop sticks
- ½ cup of dried mixed fruit
- ½ cup of wild bird seed
- ½ cup of chopped seeds
- 1 egg
- Some runny honey
How to make it!
- Arrange your lollipop sticks on a baking tray and place in the oven to warm them.
- As the sticks are warming, place the bird seed, nuts and dried fruit in a mixing bowl. Crack and add the egg to the ingredients. Then mix the ingredients well together.
- Remove the lollipop sticks from the oven. Turn the oven heat up to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a handful of the mixture and place it around one of the sticks. Repeat this until all the mixture has been used.
- Put the newly formed lollipop sticks back in the oven and leave to bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the baking tray with the lollipop sticks from the oven and coat each of the lollipops with honey. Put the coated lollipops back in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Now leave the lollipops to cool before hanging from your feeder outside.