Bird Bread Treat
What you will need!
- 2 cups of melted peanut butter, bacon grease, meat grease or other fat
- 2 cups of cornmeal, or stale dry cereal, blended into crumbs
- Warm water
- 2 to 3 of wild birdseed
- Raisins, nutmeats or chopped peanuts
How to make!
- Slowly melt the peanut butter, grease or fat over low heat.
- Add cornmeal or stale cereal crumbs.
- Slowly add enough warm water to make a stiff dough, then add birdseed and raisins, nut meats or chopped peanuts.
- Pack mixture into small foil pans or a large flat pan and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut into pieces for tying onto tree branches.