Special Fat Cakes
What you will need!
- a good size pan with lid
- a large spoon
- a butcher knife
- a big bowl
- a bread pan or cup-cake tin. This is one time you don't have to grease or flour the pan.
- metal strainer (optional)
- waxed paper and a plastic storage bag
How to make!
- Talk to your local butcher and ask them to keep the beef fat cuts for you.
- When you get the beef fat home, stick it in the freezer while you gather the equipment. The fat cuts easier when it is hardened.
- Now put the pan on medium heat, and put the fat into the pan and put the lid on.
- As the fat melts, tip the pan so that the liquid gathers at one side.
- When it looks like all of the fat has melted, take the pan off the heat and let it cool.
- Now add fruits, raisins and nuts to the mixture if you choose.
- Pour the mixture in to a cup cake tin.
- Wait until the fat has hardened and cut the fat in to small pieces and place in storage bags.
- Place the bags in your freezer.
- Remove the bags from the freezer when you want to put the food out for your garden birds to eat.