Bird Bean Mix
A simple to make bird bean mix that birds can eat all year round.
- 1 kg or 1000gr of beans
- 1 cup of Black Beans
- 1 cup of Anasazi Beans
- 4 cups of long grain brown rice
- 1 cup of couscous
- 2 cups of Vegetable pasta
- 2 cups of Basil and Lemon pepper
- Pasta spirals
- 2 cups of red pepper pasta
- 2 large jars of Vegetable and Beef baby food
- 1 tablespoon of Spirulina
- 3 tablespoons of Palm oil
How to make it!
- Soak beans overnight.
- Drain and rinse well. Put into a large stock pot and cook for 45-60 mins. Rinse lightly with cold water to stop cooking process. Now leave to cool.
- Cook the couscous in 1 to 1/2 cups of water for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.
- Stir in the bean mixture. Cook the Pasta drain into strainer, run under cold water, shake off excess water and add to the bean mixture.
- Cook rice until firm, add to mixture. Stir in both jars of baby food, the palm oil, spirulina.
- Let cool and put into 1/2 cup serving size bags. Freeze immediately. Remove from the fridge and feed your garden birds.