Fat bird cake
You will need: Ingredients:
- Lard or suet
- Meal worms (optional)
- Oats (optional)
- Bird seed
- Mould – yogurt pots are ideal
This recipe will make 2 large yogurt pot fat cakes.
How to make it! You will need:
- A selection of small yoghurt pots.
- Melt the lard in a pan on the stove.
- Add the oats, bird seed and mealworms to the pan.
- Make a small hole in the base of each of the yoghurt pots and pass the string through the holes.
- Tie a knot at the end of the string. (This will enable you to hang each pot from your hanging feeder or a tree branch.)
- Now pour the mixture in to the pots and leave to cool and set in the fridge overnight.
- Next morning hang the pots outside for visiting birds to eat and enjoy!