La Sauce bird food mix
A spring and summer bird recipe that you can easily make using ingredients purchased from a bird food supplier.
You will need:
- Shelled sunflower seeds
- Dry currants
- Ground eggshells
- Sunflower oil
How to make it!
- Take half a cup of berries and chop them in to small pieces.
- Mix together the berries and two cups of seeds.
- Add the ground egg shells to the mix and a tablespoon of sunflower oil to moisten. The oil helps the egg-shell powder stick to the seeds.
- Leave for a few minutes. If the mixture is not moist enough add a teaspoon or two of water.
- Place the mixture out on your bird table or add it to your hanging feeders.
Bluebirds eating the LA Sauce bird food mix