Winter crunchy treats for birds
- 2 cups fat
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup cracked hominy or cracked wheat
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup wild bird food
How to make it!
- Melt the fat and peanut butter together over low heat.
- Add in everything else and mix well.
- Place on Parchment paper and form into a log about 2-3” round.
- Roll up in parchment, twist the ends to seal.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Slice into 8-10 slices (use a serrated knife)
- Freeze on a cookie sheet and store in a container in the freezer.