Pancake Bird Bars
This is a fabulous meal that all the visitors to your garden will enjoy nibbling and snacking on! Read below to find out how to make this nutritious and tasty food bar.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of wild bird seed
- 1 large carrot
- ½ cup of fresh raw broccoli
- ½ cup of mixed nuts (not peanuts)
- 2 boxes of pancake mixture
- 1 jar of potato/sweet potato baby food
- 1 jar of green vegetable baby food
How to make it!
- Preheat oven to 190 centigrade (gas Mark 5) and grease a large baking tray.
- Mix in a blender eggs, wild bird seed, vegetables and nuts until all ingredients are mashed.
- Add the pancake mixture to a large mixing bowl. Then add mixture of eggs, nuts, seeds and vegetables and baby food and mix all the ingredients together. If the mixture is too dry add a tablespoon of water.
- Pour the mixture in to the baking tray and place in the oven. Cook in the oven for around 30 minutes. Then check that the top is golden brown and the filling is well cooked.
- Allow a few minutes for the cake to cool. Now cut in to bars and place the bars on your bird feeder for the birds to eat!