- 4 Kg suet
- 1 Kg peanut butter
- 250 grams of corn syrup
- 1 Kg of rolled oats
How to make it!
- Melt the suet in a large container, pouring the melted fat into another as it cooks down.
- While the fat is still hot, add the peanut butter, corn syrup, and oats, stirring constantly until mixture is well blended.
- Put the pudding into old soup cans to cool and harden, and store in a cool place. To use, warm the can until the pudding is soft enough to handle.
- Drill a number of 3cm holes in a 10 cm diameter log (leave the bark intact to provide good toeholds for the birds.)
- Spread the pudding into the holes, and hang the log outdoors where it is accessible to the birds.