Bird butter for finches
You will need:
- 3 cups of unsalted shelled peanuts
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- A handful of raisins
This meal does not melt quickly. It is a favourite of finches, woodpeckers and nuthatches.
How to make it!
- Add the shelled peanuts, raisins and coconut oil to a bowl.
- Mix well together using a spoon. Stop mixing when the mixture looks like peanut butter
- Alternatively with the help of an adult mix the ingredients using a food mixer.
- Put the mixture in yoghurt pots or an old butter tub. (Wash the pots and tubs first before using them.)
- Place the mixture in the fridge to cool overnight.
- Next morning place the pots and tub out in your garden.
- Now sit by a window and wait for the bird to arrive and start eating!