Peanut Butter Pine Cones
- 1 cup of chunky peanut butter
- 3 cups of coarsely ground cornmeal
- 1 cup of solid butter
- Some good quality birdseed blend that contains some nutritious black oil sunflower seed.
- Optional: some dried fruit like raisins or cranberries, and even some unsalted peanuts.
How to make it!
- Place the cornmeal and bird seed in a bowl. Add the chunky peanut butter and solid butter.
- Mix the ingredients together well until they form a liquid paste.
- Leave the ingredients in the bowl for 1 hour.
- Now find some good sized pine cones that are fairly open with lots of room for your "peanut mix".
- Tie a string around the base of the pine cone that can be used to hang the pine cone later.
- Use your hands to squeeze and pack the "mix" into the spaces between the scales of the cone.
- If your "stuffed" cone is sticky enough you can roll it in a paper plate of bird seed to add more seed.
- Now, hang your pine cone bird seed ornaments in a tree by a window so you can watch the birds enjoy their home-made treats!