Bird Food Blocks
- Bread crumbs
- Peanut butter
How to make it!
- When making bird food blocks, the quantities of ingredients you use aren’t important. Just be sure you use enough lard to bind the ingredients together so they’ll form a block.
- Chop up the apple into small pieces and crumble some stale bread or stale cake.
- Place the ingredients into a mixing bowl and add raisins.
- Melt the lard so it’s soft enough to pour into the mixture.
- Scoop around 1 tablespoon of peanut butter into the mixture and stir well to mix the ingredients thoroughly. They should form a dough that can be moulded.
- Line a small plastic container with grease-proof paper and press the bird food mixture into the base.
- Leave in the fridge overnight to set.
- When the bird food has set so it’s hardened, remove it from the container and poke a hole through the centre.
- Tie some string through the hole and leave enough at one end to hang your bird food mould to a tree outside.