Bird scrap Pie
United States of America
This bird food recipe will appeal to birds in the summer, autumn and winter months.
You will need.
- 4 cups crumbs (bread, cake or doughnut)
- 4 cups kitchen scraps chopped (noodles, meat scraps, fruit or vegetables.)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of very fine sand
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 tablespoons of melted bacon fat
How to make it!
- Grease the baking tin and add the bread crumbs and scraps.
- Beat the eggs and mix with remaining ingredients.
- Pour the mix over the crumbs and scraps.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for 1 to 3 hours.
- Remove from fridge and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
- Leave the mixture to cool.
- Now break up the cooked pie and put the pieces out on your bird table.