Sweet cake recipe for Robins
You will need:
- Dessert spoon of clear honey or jam
- Peanut granules
- Sunflower hearts
- Dried mealworms
- Raisins or Sultanas
Robins, Tits, Blackcaps, Starlings, Blackbirds, Nuthatches, Siskins, Starlings, Wood Pigeons and Collared Doves all eat this mixture.
How to make it!
- Take 3 or 4 slices of old bread and rub together to make fine breadcrumbs.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a plastic or glass bowl.
- Add a Dessert spoon of clear honey or jam to the breadcrumbs and mix well together.
- To the mix add a handful of peanut granules, sunflower heart pieces, suet pellets dried mealworms and raisins or sultanas
- Serve the mixture in open dishes as it isn't suitable for hanging feeders.
- If possible place the small dishes on your table.
The honey or jam binds the mix together so that it doesn't blow away in the wind and messy birds like Starlings don't throw out all of the bits and pieces that they don't want when trying to find every last piece of mealworm!