Bird Suet that will not melt
- Peanut butter
- Rendered suet/lard
- Dried fruit
- Water (warm)
How to make it!
- Melt 2 cups rendered suet or lard with 2 cups peanut butter in the microwave.
- Allow the peanut butter and suet/lard to cool before mixing with 4 cups cornmeal or oatmeal.
- Add warm water. Be careful not to add too much, or the dough will turn gooey and messy.
- Add 2 cups birdseed (mixes are good) and/or dried fruits (raisins, currants, cherries).
- Use square containers a little smaller than your suet holder. Pour in mixture and cover with plastic food wrap.
- Freeze for 24 hours. This makes 9 cakes.